The Forbidden Kingdom

Reviews and comments about MOVIES, Series and Music.
ch@os
Producer
Producer

Re: The Forbidden Kingdom

Post by ch@os » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:59 pm

It sucked ass, overall. My three friends and I were the only ones in the theatre watching this movie.

I enjoyed watching Jackie and Jet duke it out, and the slight twist with the monk... but that's it. Was Bing Bing's voice dubbed? Among the Chinese actors/actresses, she seemed the most fluid and coherent.

initial_d2k
FOB
FOB

Post by initial_d2k » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:21 pm

i just saw it too ...
it was ok to me ...

i didn't notice on bing bing's voice ...
or it was really nicely sync'ed .... really dunno...

the story was abit of crap ... but overall an "above avg" movie ...
4 stars !

timc

Post by timc » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:13 am

I also just watched it, and I agree, it was a decent way to spend a couple of hours. Of course the dialogue gets trying at times, especially when neither Jackie Chan nor the white guy are involved - yes, amazingly enough Jackie's English is good enough to ignore. But there's plenty of action and, for me, setting the story in the backdrop of the Journey to the West really made it easy to believe, probably because I've already been conditioned.

fondoo
Fobabee
Fobabee

Post by fondoo » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:17 am

i saw this movie last night and it was horrible. half way thru the movie, i was going to walk out. the white dude just pissed me off. i dont know if anyone would understand all chinese translated to english dialects. it pretty much threw me off - the gate of the gateless gate? what?!!

initial_d2k
FOB
FOB

Post by initial_d2k » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:48 pm

fondoo wrote:i saw this movie last night and it was horrible. half way thru the movie, i was going to walk out. the white dude just pissed me off. i dont know if anyone would understand all chinese translated to english dialects. it pretty much threw me off - the gate of the gateless gate? what?!!
hahahha i agree w/ that ... the translation was abit too much ...
but i personally expected more an action/sfx oriented movie ... so it was ok to me...

im sure all those "famous chinese quotes" made no sense to everyone in the theater.
even myself i have to translate it word by word to chinese THEN GUESS the meaning ...

gr3y
FOB
FOB

Post by gr3y » Wed May 14, 2008 9:15 pm

Mediocre movie... but the girls looked great. :idea:

Here is a video of Jackie and Jet Li trash talking each other.

Buttersweet
Producer
Producer

Post by Buttersweet » Wed May 14, 2008 11:46 pm

here's another one...
they were asked "Who would win in a fight?" and "who's out of shape?"

W_DRagon

Post by W_DRagon » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:33 am

This is seriously a flop. I'm so lucky I didn't buy a ticket and go see it at the cinemas! I like Jacky Chan and I like Jet Li but this story just does do the both of them sharing the one screen any justice. I think they should've used the opportunity to make a good chinese production - Hollywood martial art films are crap.